Friday, February 17, 2012

About Communication

From this podcasting project I expect to learn a variety of information on many different topics about certain things about Japan. I think it will be very interesting because every group will be providing different information and demonstrating their different interests in topics. I am hoping to learn about things such as ways in which Japanese culture relates to stuff here in America, and just things about Japanese culture in general that I did not know before.
In making our own I hope to better my speaking ability. And learn how to share information in a fun but informative matter.

Communication means to me expressing your thoughts and opinions in a way that is understandable to the person or people you are conveying them to. On the flip side of that it also means to me listening to what other people are trying to say and really paying attention to what emotions or ideas they are getting across. Communication is not one-sided and in order for it to be effective both parties need to be receptive and ready to share.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leti. I think that you make a great point! "Communication is not one-sided and in order for it to be effective both parties need to be receptive and ready to share." I wonder if we can make our videos engaging enough to ensure, to the best of our ability, that the viewing party is receptive. Maybe we need to make our videos especially clear, since there will be no immediate "back and forth" at the time of communication.

    ReplyDelete