Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why I chose to study Japanese.

I chose to study Japanese because I have always had an interest in Japanese Culture. I like to eat Japanese food, I like Japanese fashion, and I like to watch Japanese Anime and read Manga. I have always wanted to travel to Japan and hope to do so in the near future. When I travel I like to not be completely helpless in a foreign country. Which is a big motivator for me to study Japanese because there are so many things I enjoy from the country and would want to do when I go there.
I haven't had any difficulties yet because I am relearning material I had already learned in Elementary Japanese but have forgotten because I stopped studying it to focus on another language. I am excited about really cementing my basics and having a good base to move off of into the higher levels of Japanese. I am really looking forward to learning a lot about the language and the culture!

6 comments:

  1. What anime do you like to watch? What would you recommend to someone who does not know much about anime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. こんいちわ! 
    I like all different types of anime! I like a lot of shojo anime which is anime targeted to a female audience. My favorites of those I can recommend are Bokura ga ita, Itazura na kiss, Kaichou wa maid sama, NANA, Paradise Kiss, Kuragehime.

    But I also like really like some other stuff like Cowboy Bepop, Natsume Yuincho, and Durarara.

    And you can find all of these online and subtitled!
    Feel free to ask any other questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. わあああ!くらげひめ! このまんがはとてもすごいです!

    I totally second that as a recommendation if you tend to like romantic comedies. (Actually, is that a fair assessment of しょうじょ? Our equivalent genre is the Rom Com?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that eating Japanese food is the first aspect you listed about Japanese culture. It's totally on the top of my list too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. こんいちわDingです。
    I agree with you!
    みんあでがんばって!

    ReplyDelete
  6. はじめまして。バビンアンドルです。わたしはPrincetonのだいがくいんです。でも、I graduated from Columbia in 2008 (don't know how to say that yet in にほんご). We have the same assignment to talk with other students in Japanese I from other schools, so let's talk! Ho visto che parli anche l'italiano. どうぞよろしく!

    ReplyDelete